What Is West Nile Fever? How To Prevent And Symptoms | Iconic Info

What Is West Nile Fever: After the tomato flu in Kerala, the West Nile virus has reared its head. A 47-year-old man also died of West Nile fever in Kerala. According to news agency Khabar, the body of the deceased started showing fever and other symptoms on May 17.

What Is West Nile Fever? How To Prevent And Symptoms

Let’s find out what the West Nile virus is and how it spreads –

what is West Nile fever?

what is West Nile fever?

West Nile virus was first identified in Uganda in 1937. It is a mosquito-borne disease. The disease is usually spread by Culex mosquitoes. Basically, this virus enters the human body from the bird’s body through mosquitoes. According to the World Health Organization, West Nile virus is a member of the genus Flavivirus and belongs to the Japanese encephalitis antigenic complex of the family Flaviviridae.

The virus is transmitted to the mosquito when it sits on an infected bird. Then whenever an infected mosquito bites a person or animal, the virus enters the blood.

west Nile fever symptoms

west Nile fever symptoms

West Nile virus infection is asymptomatic in about 80 percent of infected individuals. Symptoms seen in the remaining 20 percent of infected individuals include fever, headache, extreme fatigue, body aches, nausea, skin rash, and swollen glands. But if the condition is very serious it can lead to encephalitis, meningitis, paralysis, and even death.

How to prevent West Nile Fever?

According to experts, the best way to avoid this disease is to control mosquito breeding and avoid mosquito bites.


Thanks For Visit Iconic Info

May You Also Like

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: