Sandalwood Uses: Thakur Sri Ramakrishna dev was then suffering from a strange disease, unbearable irritation all over his body. Bhairavi Brahmani Yageshwari came to Dakshineswar and heard of Tagore’s suffering and said that as soon as the burning sensation started, Thakur should put a garland of fragrant flowers around his neck with a paste of bata-sandalwood all over his body. In just three days, Ramakrishnadev was freed from heartburn.
Sandalwood Benefits Spiritual: Sandalwood is an essential ingredient in social occasions from Devpujo. It has thousands of qualities. Sandalwood keeps our body healthy, provides energy, and brightens the complexion. Why not it has anti-bacterial ingredients.
But Krishnachandan means aguru but not sandalwood. Aromatic gum is used for arthritis, headaches, and paralysis. According to Chandan, Google is effective. Young Chakraborty advised about the qualities and uses of sandalwood, aguru, googgul, sandalwood. In Dakshineswar, Tagore Sri Ramakrishnadev was then suffering from a strange disease, an unbearable burning sensation all over his body. This irritation starts after sunrise, then as the day progresses it increases.
At last in the afternoon, unable to bear it anymore, Thakur descended into the Ganges. He sits for two or three hours with his body submerged in water and a wet towel pressed on his head. On the other hand, if you stay like that for a long time, you will have to get up from the water even though you are reluctant to do so. Then he wiped the floor of the house of Babu’s house with a damp cloth, closed the doors and windows, and began to roll on the cold floor. He often has to go through such hardships.
Hundreds of attempts to prevent this irritation did not work. No one can catch what Thakur is like. Bhairavi Brahmani Yegeshwari came to Dakshineswar and heard of Tagore’s suffering and said, ‘This is not a common ailment, Jaegaj ailment. The signs of such a disorder can be seen from the greatness of the incarnation of men towards God. Yageshwari knew that this was often the case with Mrs. Radharani and Sri Chaitanyadev. The Brahmani had pointed out the same diagnosis for Sri Ramakrishna that would have been taken for them if there was such a burning sensation.
According to him, as soon as the burning sensation started, Thakur was covered with bata-sandalwood all over his body and a garland of fragrant flowers was placed around his neck. And in this system, Tagore got rid of heartburn in just three days.
We also have in the scriptures, ‘Chandana Shillong Lake. The ancient custom of putting sandalwood on the body to get some relief from the scorching heat of summer has not gone unnoticed by the gods. Why not, the god we love, the god in love ৷ At the Jagannath Temple in Puri, every year from the third day of Akshay to the full moon of Baishakhi, sandalwood is applied to various idols including Lord Jagannath in the evening.
Sandalwood Uses And Benefits: It is said that five hundred years ago, the scholars of Puri made the body of Sri Sri Radha Madanmahan sandalwood placed their idols in a boat, and walked around Narendra Saraib in Srikshetra. That tradition continues. In Vrindavan also, the whole body of Radhakrishna’s idol is covered with sandalwood, and Jalbihara is performed in Jamuna. On the other hand, in almost all the temples in Mayapur, the new island of Bengal, the Chandan Jatra festival is celebrated every Akshay Tritiya to Baishakhi Purnima. Sandalwood coating is applied every morning during the festival at the ISKCON temple in Mayapur.
In the evening, the idol is taken from the Chandrodaya temple to the pool of the Samadhi temple with the help of kirtan. There are boat rides, art, kirtan, dance songs, and bhajan. Finally, the sandalwood of the idol’s body is washed. Sandalwood worth several lakhs of rupees is bought every year for this sandalwood Jatra festival in Mayapur. Vaishnavism serves the gods automatically. Just as in different seasons we resort to some way or another to get relief from hot or cold, Vaisnavas also make all such arrangements to protect their deity. Not only them, but people from different communities of Hindus also wear sandalwood tilak on their foreheads.
Sandalwood spiritual benefits
Sandalwood is used for: Applying sandalwood on the forehead keeps the brain cool, the mind calm, and patience is considered to be the same. It may have something to do with the practice of inhaling the ashes of Hemagni on the forehead in Vedic rituals. The fragrance of sandalwood and flowers brings a feeling of coolness and sweetness. During the sandalwood festival, sandalwood is widely used in various temples of the country. Psychologists also say that smell works as an adjunct. The smell of flowers and sandalwood in the temple is associated with a calm feeling. In fact, it is this three-letter word ‘sandalwood’ that carries with it a wonderful, unique fragrance.
what is sandalwood good for spiritually?
Sandalwood is closely associated with Indian culture, mythology, worship, Ayurvedic medicine, and beauty. It is said that mother Durga was applying sandalwood on her body one day while practicing beauty. When he saw that the dead cells of his body had fallen off, he noticed that he had mixed the soil with the dead cells and made an idol. Then he established life in that idol. Thus was born Gauriputra Ganesha.
sandalwood benefits spiritual
What is sandalwood good for spiritually: Chandaneswar Temple‘s story comes in the context of the story of Goddess Durga. The area near the Subarnarekha river bordering Digha in East Midnapore and Orissa was forested in ancient times. There were many sandalwood trees in that forest. The water of a fountain there was also full of sandalwood and the wind was blowing At one time a huge Shivling was placed there. The deity is named Chandaneshwar Shiva and the tribals there name the spring Chandanjharna.
By the way, Devadidev Mahadev was very pleased when white sandalwood was kept in his puja materials. Religious people have also chosen the place of his trinity to wear tilak. That tilak is usually painted with sandalwood. Drawing tilak in the middle of the fire can open our eyes to knowledge – such is the belief The idea that puja is not complete without a drop of sandalwood on the forehead is also ancient. In ancient India, sandalwood was considered as a means of rejuvenation in the sense of eternal bliss. It is still a custom in Hindu households to make sandalwood on the Shalgram rock in the daily Narayan Pujo.
Different peoples of our country have been using sandalwood as a sacred wood for religious purposes and for burying dead bodies since ancient times. There is talk of white sandalwood in Dravidian culture. Raktachandan is mentioned in the Atharva Veda. In Balmiki’s Ramayana, Sri Ramachandra’s body is coated with blood sandalwood in summer to alleviate inflammation.
Sandalwood is generally considered to be the abode of India. Sandalwood is mentioned in our Ramayana, the epic according to the Mahabharata, and even in the Arthashastra written by Kautilya during the two hundred years BC. According to some, sandalwood originates from the island of Timur in Indonesia. However, sandalwood is widely available in Australia, the Philippine Islands, and Sri Lanka. Sandalwood has been cultivated in Western Australia for hundreds of years. One of the streets there is named Sandlewood Road. Today, sandalwood is widely used and respected in many countries of the world.
That smell is sacred to us. Sandalwood is an essential ingredient in social occasions from Devpujo. Its contribution as a herbal ingredient and cosmetics is also immense. We use sandalwood in many rituals like sandalwood flower on the forehead of the bride and groom at the time of marriage, and sandalwood tip on the forehead of the bride and groom at the time of marriage. Sandalwood is used in the funerals of many wealthy, eminent persons. Some people use sandalwood pieces in cremation because they are very valuable. Not only that, sandalwood donation is one of the sixteen donations for Shraddha.
medicinal uses of sandalwood
1) Sandalwood Benefits: Sandalwood is no longer a pair to increase the radiance of the skin in general. For those whose skin is dry and rough, mix one spoon of sandalwood powder with two spoons of ripe papaya peel, apply it on the hands and face, leave it for fifteen minutes and then wash it to get good results. In case of oily skin, before taking a bath or going to bed at night, mix sandalwood paste or Rose Water with Rose Water powder and apply it on the face for ten minutes. Then the change will be visible after washing. Sandalwood powder and tomato juice can be mixed and used. It maintains the feeling of tightness in the skin.
2) Sandalwood Benefits For Skin: For smooth and radiant skin, mix sandalwood powder or bata sandalwood with turmeric powder or bata turmeric, apply the paste on the face and wash it off after twenty minutes. The skin will be brighter. This work can be done regularly.
3) Sandalwood Benefits In Wrinkles: As we get older, the wrinkles on our foreheads disappear when we apply sandalwood paste. The antioxidant ingredients in sandalwood, help to increase the blood circulation in our face. It is therefore also called an anti-aging agent. In order to get rid of wrinkles on the skin, at least four days a week, you should mix sandalwood powder with Rose Water and glycerin and keep it for at least twenty minutes.
4) Sandalwood Benefits For Sleep: A little sandalwood powder mixed with Rose Water, around the eyes to sleep at night. I had to get up in the morning and wash it. With the help of this method for a week, the ink under the eyes is removed.
5) Sandalwood powder, cucumber juice, yogurt, and a mixture of rose water, apply to the skin of Rade-para for twenty minutes, and then wash it off with water, the darkening of the skin is removed. It also removes skin irritation due to rashes.
6) Sandalwood is also very helpful in removing black spots on the skin of the face due to various reasons. Egg yolk, honey, and sandalwood powder should be mixed together applied on the face and kept for at least fifteen minutes. Applying it in this way every day will remove the scars on the face as well as brighten the skin. It also removes acne scars.
7) Sandalwood Benefits For Hypertension: Sandalwood helps to alleviate the problem of hypertension. In this case, one teaspoon of white sandalwood rubbing should be mixed well with half a cup of milk and eaten on an empty stomach. After that, chewing seven or eight basil leaves will reduce the blood pressure after a while. The same approach is used to diagnose bronchitis.
sandalwood is used for
In the end, if not mentioned, the composition is incomplete, as if the substance is indivisible with sandalwood. That is, Chandanchua.
Chua is obtained from the glue of the willow tree which we use as incense. If the incense is given a little heat in the fire of the knee, what is leaking is called leaking. Before use, the perfume should be washed thoroughly in this thick sajjaras or salniras galapjal. There are numerous references to Chandanchua in the writings of Gaepichandra and Bharatchandra. In the picture of ancient Bengal found in Kavikankan Chandi, I see that in the old days, especially on Dol Purnima, Banganaris used to make ornaments with turmeric, sandalwood, and Chua. This herbal perfume keeps our minds cheerful. He is less found in the nature of the health Niketan.
Q. How do I get a sandalwood license?
A. If any person intends to possess or store sandalwood in excess of 5 kilograms he shall apply to the District Forest Officer in Form I and obtain a license after paying the fees prescribed in sub-rule (7) of rule 4.
Q. Is there a demand for sandalwood?
A. The current global demand for sandalwood hovers around 6,000 to 7,000 metric tonnes per year. India currently produces about 200 tons a year, with other foreign nations contributing 400 tons, leaving a shortfall of nearly 5,400 tons.
Q. What is the cost of red sandalwood per kg?
A. Indian Red Sandalwood at Rs 9500/kilogram.
For More Info Visit Iconic Info
May You Also Like