Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Details (PMSBY): There are many poor people in the country whose eldest family member dies in a road accident. The family members of such people have no support and their financial condition becomes worse, in view of this problem, PM Suraksha Bima Yojana was started by Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
pmsby scheme details
This scheme was launched on 8th May 2015. Through this scheme, an important effort has been made to help the future of the weaker sections and their families. In this, the policyholder will have to deposit an amount of Rs 12 only in a year.
This insurance installment will be deducted by the bank official from the account of the insured through auto-debit. Under which if the insured dies in a road accident, then his nominee will be provided an insurance cover of 2 lakhs. The maturity rate of the policy has been kept at 55 years by the insurance company. If you also want to apply for this, then you go to the official website of the scheme jansuraksha.gov.in.
If you also want to enroll in this scheme, then you can apply for it by going to the bank, or along with it, you can easily fill out the application form of PMSBY by logging on to net banking through your mobile and computer sitting at home. The benefit of this scheme will be available only if the insured has died during the accident or has become completely disabled.
Today we are going to tell you about the information related to the scheme like How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Benefits and Features of Suraksha Bima Yojana, Purpose of PMSBY, Eligibility for the Scheme, Required Documents, etc. Do read till the end.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Details
Under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, if the policyholder gets accident insurance or accident insurance, Rs 2 lakh will be provided to the nominee due to death due to any kind of road accident or other accident and along with this, if the policyholder is completely disabled Even then, they will be given Rs 2 lakh by the insurance company and if there is a partial disability (one hand, leg) then he will be given Rs 1 lakh. The applicant can apply for this scheme offline and can get its benefits.
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana|
|through||by Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Scheme start date||8 May 2015|
|Profit Takers||Citizens of the weaker section of the country|
|Objective||Providing Life Insurance|
|Category||Central Government Scheme|
Objective of the plan
The purpose of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is that even today there are such citizens in the country who belong to the weaker section, who do not have money to get insurance and sometimes the poor family dies in road accidents, accidents, or other accident or If that person becomes completely disabled due to an accident, then in such a situation those people are unable to do anything and their financial condition becomes bad.
If he also wants to ensure security by going to the insurance company, then he can get the insurance paid up to Rs 12 annually under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Beema Yojana. Due to this the insurance cover will be given to the bank nominee in case of an accident of the policyholder in the future.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana benefits and features (PMSBY)
The benefits and features of the scheme are as follows:
- If the premium amount is deducted twice from any other account of the applicant, then he can go to the bank and get its fee back.
- The policy is renewed on 1st June every year by the bank and the insurance company.
- The premium will be paid by the bank through auto-debit.
- Applicants can easily apply for the scheme from online through their mobile and computer by visiting the portal.
- The government provides this scheme to the people living in rural areas living in the country.
- Applying through online mode will save both money and time of the applicant.
- In PMSBY, the applicant has to pay Rs 12 in a year.
- If a policyholder commits suicide, he/she will not get insurance cover.
- This scheme remains in force for one year i.e. from 1st June to 31st May of the next year, it is renewed to continue this scheme.
- The applicant will also have to submit a consent letter and a consent letter to the bank to include the premium amount in the option of auto debit.
- The policy holder must have his own active savings account which is mandatory to be linked with the Aadhar card.
- This scheme is beneficial for weak income group and poor people.
- In case of death of the policyholder, the claim cannot be made for 45 days. After filling the claim form after 45 days, an insurance cover of up to 2 lakh is given to the nominee by the insurance company.
Eligibility for PM Suraksha Yojana
If you also want to take insurance, then it is very important for you to be aware of the eligibility related to the scheme, only then you will be able to easily apply for it and get the benefits available in it. Read the given points to know the eligibility.
- To apply for the scheme, the applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- It is mandatory for the beneficiary to have his own savings bank account.
- Under PMSBY, the applicant whose age should be 18 to 70 years.
- The applicant has to tick the option of auto-debit while filling the application form so that the premium can be paid by the bank every year from your bank account.
To fill out the application form for the scheme, it is very important for the applicant to have all the important documents, only then he can easily fill out the application form of the scheme and get the benefits of the scheme. The documents required for the scheme are as follows:
|Aadhar Card||Voter id card||PAN card|
|Bank passbook||Income certificate||Age certificate|
|Registered mobile number||Passport size photo|
PMSBY Plan Policy Termination (Terminated)
- The applicant can take advantage of the scheme till the age of 70 years. If the age of the beneficiary is 70 years and above, then this scheme will be terminated by the insurance company.
- If the applicant has closed the bank account, then in this situation also the scheme will be terminated.
- If the applicant has not paid the premium or there is not enough balance in the applicant’s account to pay the premium, then the policyholder’s account will be terminated.
- If the policyholder’s policy is closed due to any reason, then he can open it by paying it within 45 days.
- If the applicant has attained 55 years of age and has not been renewed, the policy will be terminated.
Balance maintenance message will be sent by the bank
Under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, the annual premium of Rs 12 will be auto-debited by the bank every month, so that you can get its benefit. After the death of the policyholder, the member formed by him will get an insurance cover of up to Rs 2 lakh. SMS and emails will be sent by the bank to the applicants to take these policies and pay the insurance premium in time.
Medical tests will not be required under the scheme
Any applicant whose age is between 18 to 50 years can take a citizen policy. The policyholder will not be required to undergo any medical tests to purchase the policy. The maturity of the policy is fixed at 55 years by the insurance company.
How to get a claim
After the death of the insured, the nominee will have to go to the bank and the insurance office to fill out the form. Along with this, he will also have to submit the death certificate of the policyholder in the same place where the insured will have a savings account. The amount of insurance cover will be transferred to the nominee in his/her bank account by the bank officer.
pradhan mantri suraksha bima yojana apply online
Follow the given steps carefully to apply for the scheme.
- To apply online for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, the applicant has to first go to the official website of Jan Suraksha Yojana.
- After which the home page will open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the option of ‘Forms’.
- Here, 3 options will open in front of you.
- You have to click on ‘Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana‘ here.
- As soon as you click on the new page, the options of ‘Application Form and Claim Form’ will open in front of you, in which you have to click on ‘Application Form‘.
- Now the applicants should download the PMSBY Application Form PDF in Hindi and English or any other language as per their choice.
- After downloading, take a printout of the PDF form.
- Now fill all the information asked in the applicant form like: Agency Name, Savings Account Number, Your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Aadhar Card Number, Date of Birth, Email ID, Nominee Name, etc.
- After this you attach all the necessary documents asked for in the form with the application form.
- After filling all the information, you have to submit the form to the bank. Applicants should keep in mind that you will have to submit the form only in the bank in which you will have your savings account.
PMSBY Claim Application Form
- The applicant has to first go to the official website of Jan Suraksha Yojana.
- After which you have to click on the option of ‘Forms‘ on the home page.
- Here, 3 options will open in front of you.
- You have to click on ‘Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana’ here.
- On clicking, the options of Application Form and Claim Form will open in front of you on a new page, in which you have to click on Claim Form.
- On the new page, you have to select your language and click on ‘PDF of PMSBY claim form’.
- After which the form will open in front of you, which you can download and take out its printout.
- Now fill the information asked in the form and attach all the documents asked in the form. (Application Form to be filled by Nominee or Bank Officer)
- Now submit the form to the bank, after which the claim amount will be provided after verification of your documents.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Apply Online
How to see state wise contact details?
- First of all go to the applicant Jan Suraksha Yojana official website.
- Now you have to click on the given option of ‘Contact‘ on the home page of the website.
- After which a new page will open in front of you.
- On the next page you will see the State Wise Toll Free Number PDF.
- You can download the PDF and see the toll free numbers and you can contact on these given numbers.
PMSBY Helpline Number
If you need to know any information related to the scheme or have any kind of complaint, then you can get information by contacting the given helpline numbers: 1800-180-1111, 1800-110-001.
What is Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana?
Under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, if the policyholder dies due to accidental death or becomes disabled due to an accident, insurance will be given by the insurance company. It is a one-year cover and every year the applicant has to get the insurance renewed in the month of June. The premium amount is deducted through auto-debit from the account of any beneficiary who has registered under the scheme.
What should be the age of the applicant to apply for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana?
To get the benefit of the scheme, the age of the applicant must be 18 to 70 years. Only then he can apply for this scheme.
What will be the application process of PMSBY?
The application process of PMSBY will be completed offline mode. Applicants can easily download the scheme form by visiting the official website and filling in the information asked in the form and submitting it to the bank.
For more Central Government schemes Visit Iconic Info
May You Also Like