Special Features of BRAHMO Missile – Friends, in today’s article we will talk about the supersonic cruise missile ‘Brahmos’. The ‘Brahmos missile is counted among the most dangerous projectiles of the 21st century. It is a supersonic cruise missile. This missile is capable of destroying enemy positions at high speed.
Friends, we have already known what is BrahMos missile? (What is a BrahMos missile?), What is the speed of the BrahMos missile? How many BrahMos missiles does India have? (How many Brahmos missiles does India have?) And what is a cruise missile? Or what is called a cruise missile? So let’s start and learn about the supersonic cruise missile BrahMos:-
What is the BrahMos missile?
Friends, as we have told you the ‘Brahmos‘ is a supersonic cruise missile. The name Brahmos is made up of two parts- Brah and Mos. In this, Brah means the Brahmaputra river while Mos means the Moskva river of Russia. This missile has been prepared jointly by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the Russian agency.
Can be launched from anywhere
Friends, let us tell you that the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile made its first flight on 12 June 2001 for the first time. This missile is very portable i.e. it is easy to launch. This missile can be launched from a submarine, ship, aircraft, or land anywhere.
BrahMos missile range
India has many versions of the BrahMos cruise missiles available. Each version has a different speed, range, and features. The land-launched, ship-launched, and submarine-launched air-launched versions of BrahMos have been tested. The Brahmos, which is fired from land or sea near India, has a range of about 290 km and its speed is 2500 km per hour. That is, it is capable of destroying the enemy’s hideout very fast. Apart from this, this missile can also be launched underwater.
Whereas, when released from the air, the range of the BrahMos missile becomes about 400 km. The maximum speed of this missile is more than 4,300 kilometers per hour. The BrahMos missile launched from the warship can carry a 200 kg warhead.
How many BrahMos missiles India have?
At present we do not have the figure of how many BrahMos cruise missiles India has. But according to a report, by the year 2011, India had manufactured 110 BrahMos missiles. By the way, tell that India also sells BrahMos missiles. There are many countries including the Philippines which have bought this missile from India.
The Special Features of BRAHMO Missile
- The BrahMos cruise missile has been handed over to the three parts of the Indian Army i.e. Army, Navy, and Air Force. That is, this missile is useful for all three armies.
- The BrahMos missile has the capability to change its course in the air. That is, this missile can easily destroy the target on the go.
- One of its specialties is that this missile can be fired vertically or directly from the launcher.
- One of the biggest features of the BrahMos missile is that this missile can fly at a height of 10 meters. This means that this missile can spoof any kind of radar or other missile detection system. Because of this, it is almost impossible to shoot down this missile.
- The strike capability of the BrahMos cruise missile is almost twice that of America’s Tom Hawk.
- This missile can destroy its target by generating 1200 units of energy.
- The specialty of the BrahMos cruise missile is that it draws air and gets energy from Ramjet technology.
- The BrahMos missile is also fully capable of carrying out a nuclear attack. Also, up to 300 kg of gunpowder can be filled in it.
- It is the world’s fastest cruise missile.
Controversy over BrahMos missile
In March 2022, there was a dispute over the BrahMos cruise missile when the Pakistan Army claimed that the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile had been fired from India in their territory. Although there was no weapon or gunpowder in it, due to this there has been no destruction of any kind. After Pakistan’s claim, India also expressed grief over the incident, saying that this incident happened due to ‘accidental firing’. Along with this, India had also issued orders from the High-Level Court of Inquiry in this matter. Let us tell you that Pakistan has always been afraid of BrahMos cruise missiles. In the year 2021, the President of Pakistan publicly described the BrahMos missile as a very dangerous missile.
What is a cruise missile?
Actually, a cruise missile is a small missile, which can be easily hidden anywhere. It carries its fuel with it, but it takes oxygen from the air. This missile runs parallel to the surface of the earth, due to which its target is accurate. This missile is effective in the use of both conventional and nuclear warheads.
Thanks For Visit Iconic Info
May You Also Like