Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme: Many schemes are started by the Government of India for the citizens of the country. The government has launched another such scheme, which is named Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme. For this scheme, the government has made a provision of giving a 3.60 lakh crore budget for this mission. In which separate budgets will be given by the state government and the central government.
Water connections will be made for drinking water in the homes of people living in rural areas through the Jal Jeevan Mission (rural) scheme. So far, a total of 3.27 crore rural households have been provided water connections. More information related to Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme 202 is given in the article, candidates can complete the registration process by following the steps given in the article.
Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme
Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme (JJM Mission) was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15 August 2019 on the occasion of Independence Day. About 50% of the country’s rural areas, where people still have water problems, Modi started this scheme to reach drinking water in those areas. Under the data of the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, a water facility has been provided to 18.33 percent of the families in rural areas so far.
More information related to the Jal Jeevan Mission (rural) scheme like- Who will be given the benefit of the Jal Jeevan Mission scheme? How much budget provision has been made by the government for the scheme and in which states the benefit of the scheme will be provided etc. is being given in the article. You can get more information about JJM from the article.
Jal Jeevan Mission Rural Scheme Details
|Article||Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme|
|Department||Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation Jal Shakti Department|
|Plan Start||15 August 2019|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of The Country|
|Beginning||By PM Narendra Modi|
|Purpose||Water facilities in all rural areas of the state|
The objective of the Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme Scheme
The objective of the Jal Jeevan Mission is to provide water facilities in those rural areas of the state. With the increasing population, problems like water are also increasing, there are many rural areas where water facility is not available and people have to walk many distances to fetch water. Farmers also have to face problems due to water scarcity. Seeing all these problems, the government has started Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme / JJM Mission.
Under this mission, in the areas where there is no water, water will be supplied to every house through the pipeline, this mission has also been named by the government as Har Ghar Jal Yojana. To take advantage of the scheme, those beneficiaries who do not have a water connection in their house will be considered eligible.
Benefits of Jal Jeevan Mission (Jal Jeevan Mission)
The information about all the benefits that the citizens of the country get through the Jal Jeevan Mission scheme is given below in the article. Get the list of all the benefits of Jal Jeevan mission from the article below.
- Through Jal Jeevan mission, water will be supplied to the areas where there is no water facility in the states.
- The benefits of this scheme (Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme) will be provided to the people of both rural and urban areas.
- For the Jal Jeevan Mission scheme, the government has given a provision of giving a budget of 3.60 lakh crores.
- Water will be supplied to 6 crore households through the scheme. The water delivered to the houses can also be used by the candidates for drinking.
- Water conservation will also be promoted through this mission (Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme).
- All the candidates will get a water connection in their homes.
- Now they will not have to go far to get drinking water, which will also save time for the beneficiaries.
- To provide Functional Household Tap Connection to rural areas through Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme.
- Through the scheme, water connections will also be installed in public places in rural areas.
- So far water connection has been provided in 18.33 percent of rural areas.
- 19 crore 17 lakh, 20 thousand 832 rural families have got water connection.
- People in rural areas will get relief through JJM Mission.
- So far, the benefit of the scheme has been provided to the people of 18 districts.
Percentage of Beneficiary States
The benefits of the Gramin Jal Jeevan mission scheme are given in the article about the states whose rural areas have been provided so far, candidates can see the percentage of rural areas that benefited in the given list. The complete list is given below.
|State||Benefited Rural Areas|
|Himachal Pradesh||19.99 percent|
|Jammu and Kashmir||14.94 percent|
|West Bengal||1.44 percent|
States beneficiary of Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme
The benefit of jal jeevan mission / JJM is being provided to the candidates of states like Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Meghalaya, Punjab, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal etc.
However, this scheme has not yet been implemented in all the states. It has been told by the government that the benefit of this scheme will be provided to all the states of the country by 2024. Till now all rural areas of Goa have been provided the benefit of the Rural Jal Jeevan Mission, making Goa the first state to take the benefit of Jal Jeevan Mission. Only those beneficiaries who have applied will be benefited under this mission.
Jal Jeevan mission eligibility And Criteria:-
To take advantage of the Gramin Jal Jeevan mission scheme, the beneficiaries have to keep in mind some eligibility and criteria. The list of which is given below.
- To take advantage of the Jal Jeevan Mission scheme, the candidate must be a native of the state in which he resides.
- To take advantage of Jal Jeevan’s mission, the candidate should come to the rural area.
- The water provided under the scheme should be potable.
- To take advantage of the Gramin Jal Jeevan mission scheme, candidates should have some documents like- An aadhar card, domicile certificate, bank account, etc.
- The benefit of the Jal Jeevan Mission scheme will be provided to the people coming below the poverty line.
Budget for Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme
For the Jal Jeevan mission, the government has decided to give a budget of Rs.3,50 lakh crore. Which provision has been made to give a budget of Rs 1,50 lakh crore by the state government and Rs 2 lakh crore by the central government? Through this scheme, water connection will be provided in rural areas of the states in 24 months. Approval has also been given by the government for providing an additional budget for the Jal Jeevan Mission scheme.
Under this scheme, the government has separately determined the fund sharing to be given by the central and state governments for the states having hilly areas. for example –
- Under this scheme in the state of Uttarakhand, 90 percent share in fund sharing has been decided by the central government and 10 percent by the state government.
- For North Eastern states like Himachal Pradesh state, the entire 100% amount will be given by the Central Government only. Whereas for other states, 50 percent of this percentage will be given by the center and the rest 50 percent by the state government.
Who started the jal jeevan mission?
The Jal Jeevan Mission scheme has been started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Will the benefit of jal jeevan mission be provided only to the people of rural areas?
No, the benefit of the scheme will be provided to the people of both rural and urban areas.
How much budget provision has been made by the central government and the state government for the jal jeevan mission?
A provision of Rs. 2 lakh crore budget has been fixed by the central government and Rs. 1,50 lakh crore by the state government for the scheme.
Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme has been released by which department?
This mission has been issued by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation Jal Shakti Department DEPARTMENT OF DRINKING WATER AND SANITATION MINISTRY OF JAL SHAKTI.
Thanks For Visit Iconic Info
May You Also Like