IRCTC Ticket Scam: Buy long-distance train tickets? Be careful in that case. A huge fraud ring is going on under the guise of the ticket refunding process. Indian Railways has already warned the passengers about this.
IRCTC Ticket Scam
IRCTC has warned passengers to not answer any suspicious calls or links. Otherwise, you can lose a lot of money. Day by day online ticketing and payment through the UPI handle are increasing. And fraudsters are setting traps by using this technology.
How to cheat in IRCTC Ticketing Scam?
First, you will get a call. It will claim that it is from IRCTC. He will ask about the bank details to refund the ticket money. Fraudsters use UPI IDs and bank details. Sending a link asking you to click on it. By doing that, information is being stolen. Big money is being withdrawn.
IRCTC never asks for anyone’s bank details by calling like this.
A person shared his experience on Twitter. Rail replied to that.
IRCTC officials have taken immediate action against this. They asked the tweeter to share his PNR number. Railways have registered his complaint.
How to be careful in the age of fraud?
1. Change passwords regularly.
2. Delete browsing history.
3. Use only reputable banking and money transfer apps.
What not to do
1. Do not share banking details with anyone. Not even if he identifies himself as a bank employee, railway employee, or income tax employee. Government officials or app representatives never ask for this information over the phone or in a message. Ask to come directly to the bank or office.
2. Don’t open unknown, unknown websites. don’t open any links forwarded in messages.
3. Do not write or take image of banking details on the phone.
4. If someone asks you to install an unknown app, don’t.
Thanks For Visit Iconic Info