About Statue Of Unity | Statue of Unity Architecture And Designer | Statue Of Unity Length | Biggest Statue In The World | Important facts About Statue of Unity |
Information About Statue Of Unity
The Statue of Unity has been built in the memory of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first Home Minister of India and the First Deputy Prime Minister, which is located in the Indian state of Gujarat. This monument is situated at a distance of about 3.2 km from the Sardar Sarovar Dam at a place called Sadhu Bet. This place is an island on the river Narmada. It was inaugurated on 31 October 2018 by the Chief Minister of Gujarat, and the current Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, on the occasion of the 138th birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Quick Info About Statue Of Unity
|Name||Statue of Unity|
|Place||Sadhu Bet, Garudeshwar Dam, Narmada District, Gujarat (India)|
|Time||Open from 08 AM to 6 PM and closed on Mondays.|
|Entrance Fees||Rs 120 for adult Indians, Rs 60 for children in the age group of 3 to 15 years and Rs 350 for adult foreigners, and Rs 200 for foreign children in the age group of 3 to 15 years.|
|Nearest Railway Station||Vadodara|
|Construction Period||31 October 2013 – 30 October 2018|
|The Creator||Indian government|
|Opening Date||31 October 2018|
|Statue Of Unity Length||Statue: 182 m, Including base: 240 m|
|Total Statue Of Unity Budget||Approx Rs 2989 crore|
Statue Of Unity: History
Narendra Modi on 7 October 2013 as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, on the occasion of completing ten years of his government in Gujarat, will get a huge statue of India’s first Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel built. At that time the project was named “Gujarat’s tribute to the nation”.
An organization named Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust (SVPRET) was formed to work on this project, which was headed by Narendra Modi, the then Chief Minister of Gujarat. After this, the work of construction of this idol was started on 31 October 2013, which was made after about 5 years till 30 October 2018. After which it was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on 31 October 2018.
Biggest Statue In The World: Statue of Unity Architecture And Designer
The sculptor of this monument was Ram V. Sutar, a well-known Indian. The architecture of this statue is related to India’s most famous freedom fighter Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Vallabhbhai Patel is also called the Iron Man of India because he merged 565 princely states and princely states into India immediately after independence. The statue has a height of 58 meters and its height is 182 meters, its height including the base is 240 meters, which gives it the credit of being the tallest statue in the world.
Important facts About Statue of Unity
- This statue is the tallest statue in the world, whose height is 204 meters with a base and 182 meters without a base. The second tallest statue in the world is the Spring Temple Buddha in China, with a total height of 208 meters including the base.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Integration Trust opened 36 offices across India for the construction work of the statue, with a target of raising iron from about 5 lakh farmers.
- This campaign was earlier named “Gujarat’s Tribute to the Nation” which was later changed to the Statue of Unity Campaign.
- In this 3-month long campaign, about 6 lakh villagers donated iron for the installation of the idol.
- The help of Turner Construction “Project Manager of Burj Khalifa” has been taken for the construction of this statue.
- The construction work of this idol was started on 31 October 2013 and was completed after 5 years till 30 October 2018.
- Initially, the total cost of the project was estimated by the Government of India to be 3,001 crores, but later the total cost of this project came to about 2989 crores.
- This monument has been built on a river island named Sadhu Bet, 3.2 km away from it, in the direction of Narmada Dam.
- The total weight of this statue is 1700 tons, in its construction, a mixture made by mixing 85% copper, 5% tin, 5% lead, and 5% zinc has been used.
- Two passenger lifts have been installed to see the Statue of Unity from inside, this lift will take passengers to the chest of the statue. A gallery has been constructed there for the visitors to see. This gallery can hold up to 200 spectators at a time.
- The Government of Gujarat has constructed a 3.5 km long highway for the convenience of tourists, through this highway tourists can easily come from Kevadiya town to the Statue of Unity. And the government has also built a modern public plaza, from which the Narmada river and the idol can be seen.
- The campaign of idol making led to the “Suraj” application, in which the public could write their opinion on better governance. 20 million people signed the Suraj application, which became the largest petition in the world to have been signed. In addition, the “Run for Unity” marathon was organized on 15 December 2013.
- The Statue of Unity, the world’s tallest statue, and Mumbai’s 11-story club and hotel Soho House have found a place in Time Magazine’s list of the world’s 100 Greatest Places.
Is food allowed at the Statue of Unity?
Eating is allowed before the security area. Beyond the security area, no food is allowed.
What is the Total Budget of the Statue Of Unity?
Approx Rs 2989 crore.
What Is The Hight Of the statue of unity?
Statue: 182 m, Including base: 240 m.
May You Also Like
Thanks For Visit Iconic Info